Boone County EMS Education in cooperation with Witham Health Services is presenting an EMT-Basic training class that will begin on October 12, 2023.
The class will be held on Mondays and Thursdays from 6pm-10pm. There will also be two Saturday afternoon sessions. The final classroom session will be Saturday, March 9, 2024.
Students will be taught under the guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Indiana State Emergency Management Agency. In addition to classroom training, students will have the opportunity to enhance their skills with patient contacts with the staff of Boone County EMS Ambulance Service, and the staff of the Witham Health Services Emergency Department.
Training will consist of, but not be limited to:
· Roles and responsibilities of the EMT
· Anatomy and physiology
· Patient assessment
· Airway management
· Cardiac emergencies
· Response to terrorism
· Bleeding and shock
· Soft tissue injuries
· Emergency childbirth
· Geriatric and pediatric care
· Ambulance operations
· Hazardous materials
· High school diploma or G.E.D. If in high school, students must be 17 years of age and eligible for graduation. Students must be 18 years of age upon completion of the EMT course.
· Motor skills necessary to perform practical skills (CPR, splinting, lifting/moving patients, airway management)
· Ability to give and receive verbal and written instructions
The cost of the class is $750; which includes a textbook and clinical uniform. A $250 non-refundable deposit is due with application. For additional information please contact Randy Schlegel at email@example.com, or 765-485-8274. Applications are due by October 6th. Limited space available.