No one was injured in a house fire Friday afternoon in Lebanon, but damage to the home on Indianapolis Avenue is significant.
Fire crews were called to 129 S. Indianapolis Ave. on a report of a fire. Investigation into the origin and cause of the fire began once the fire was brought under control. Investigators observed burn patterns that indicated the fire originated in the rear of the residence at or near a propane space heater, which was operating at the time of the fire. After carefully surveying the scene and interviewing witnesses, investigators concluded that the fire was accidental in nature. Investigators hypothesize the space heater was operating in a confined space near common combustibles and structural elements, and ignited those items.

Please follow and like us: