Indianapolis, IN – The Indiana State Fair announces additional shows as part of its lineup that will be part of the 17 total concerts that make up the 2019 Indiana State Fair Free Stage headline entertainment, which returns August 2-18. Each day of the State Fair features a concert that is free with paid fair admission. All shows start at 7:30pm unless otherwise noted.
Eleven shows have been announced over the past few weeks with additional shows announced today, including:
- Indiana Wind Symphony – (A group of immensely passionate and talented musicians that describe themselves as being “powered by wind and inspired by soul”) – Tuesday, August 6
- KC and The Sunshine Band (Grammy® award winning group who has sold over 100 million albums worldwide) – Thursday, August 8
- Matthew West and Francesca Battistelli (Grammy® nominated Christian music artists) – Sunday, August 11
- Happy Together Tour – 2019 marks the 10th anniversary of the premier, star-studded, 1960s and 1970s era concert experience (featuring The Turtles, Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Buckinghams, The Classics IV and The Cowsills) – Monday, August 12
- The Guess Who (Canadian rock group who gained success in the 1970’s with major arena rock hits that influenced a generation) – Saturday, August 17
A video featuring today’s newly added shows is available here: https://youtu.be/pqJUWhpLHts
Advance discount tickets (a savings of 38% off gate prices) are $8, plus a $1 convenience fee. Children 5 and under are free. To purchase tickets, visit IndianaStateFair.com. Tickets can be purchased at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum Box Office during business hours at the discounted rate. Tickets purchased at the gate are $13. Check IndianaStateFair.com for additional promotions available throughout the summer. Purchase of an Indiana State Fair tickets allows for general admission to the Free Stage concert seating area. No seats can be reserved unless otherwise specified.
Indiana Wind Symphony
For over 20 years, the Indiana Wind Symphony has delivered world-class performances of important musical works to Central Indiana audiences. The Indiana Wind Symphony is a group of immensely passionate and talented musicians that describe themselves as being “powered by wind and inspired by soul”. The Wind Symphony’s list of accomplishments is extensive and includes receiving high acclaim at the 1998 International Conference of the Society for the Promotion and Investigation of Band Music (IGEB), recording original band works written in 1909 for the Abraham Lincoln centennial, and serving as the original resident ensemble of the Palladium at The Center for the Performing Arts, along with the Carmel Symphony Orchestra.
KC and The Sunshine Band
Founded in Florida in 1973 by leading member Harry “KC” Wayne Casey, KC and The Sunshine Band continue to bring the sunshine wherever they go. Their expansive list of mega-hits include, “Get Down Tonight”, “That’s the Way (I Like It)”, “Boogie Shoes”, and “(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty”. Their hit songs have been featured on over 200 motion picture film soundtracks and played at every major sporting event in the world. In addition to hit songs, the group has sold well over 100 million records, won multiple Grammy® awards, an American Music Award and others. KC and The Sunshine Band tour to fans around the globe and deliver performances guaranteed to have audiences getting down in their boogie shoes.
Matthew West and Francesca Battistelli
As a few of the most prominent and successful modern Christian music artists, both Matthew West and Francesca Battistelli shine by combining their faith and love for music to bring audiences a glorious concert experience. Matthew West is a Christian artist with many accolades to his name including four Grammy® Award nominations, multiple ASCAP Christian Music Songwriter/Artist of the Year Awards, a Billboard music award, and others. He is well known for his hit singles “Hello, My Name Is”, “The Motions”, and “Broken Things”. In addition to storytelling in song, West is also an author and has written five books. Francesca Battistelli is a Christian artist and is known for her album “Paper Hearts”, which yielded four major hits, numerous Dove award nominations, a Grammy® Award nomination, and the esteem of being the longest-running #1 for a female artist in Billboard Christian Album Chart History. Her latest album, “Own It”, was released in 2018.
Happy Together Tour
2019 marks the 10th anniversary of the premier, star studded, 1960s and 1970s concert experience — the Happy Together Tour! The lineup, packed with some of the most well-known and successful artists of the time, consists of The Turtles, Chuck Negron (formerly of Three Dog Night), Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, The Buckinghams, The Classics IV, and The Cowsills. Original fans and new fans just discovering the music are sure to know every song and go home with their favorite 1960s and 1970s tunes in their heads and hearts.
The Guess Who
For the Canadian rock group The Guess Who, there’s no question that they have been going strong since their formation in Winnipeg in 1965. The group enjoyed their greatest success in the 1960s and 1970s and over the past five decades, they have gained international acclaim with hits such as “These Eyes”, “American Woman”, “No Time”, and “Undun”. Their current touring lineup consists of Garry Peterson, Leonard Shaw, D#, Will Evankovich, and Rudy Sarzo. The group continues to tour extensively to faithful and adoring audiences. Their most recent album, “The Future Is What It Used To Be”, was released in 2018.
The 2019 Indiana State Fair Free Stage concerts include:
- Ace Frehley – Friday, August 2
- Entertainment TBD – Saturday, August 3
- Chase Rice – Sunday, August 4
- Air Supply – Monday, August 5
- Indiana Wind Symphony – Tuesday, August 6
- SWITCHFOOT – Wednesday, August 7
- KC & The Sunshine Band – Thursday, August 8
- Pop 2000 Tour – Hosted by Lance Bass ft: O-Town, Aaron Carter, Ryan Cabrera, Tyler Hilton – Friday, August 9
- David Nail – Saturday, August 10
- Matthew West and Francesca Battistelli – Sunday, August 11
- Happy Together Tour (featuring The Turtles, Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Buckinghams, The Classics IV and The Cowsills) – Monday, August 12
- Sixteen Candles – Tuesday, August 13
- Boyz II Men – Wednesday, August 14
- Melissa Etheridge – Thursday, August 15
- Everclear – Friday, August 16
- The Guess Who – Saturday, August 17
- Gospel Music Festival Headlined by Mary Mary – Sunday, August 18* – 3pm show
All shows start at 7:30pm unless otherwise noted*
About the Indiana State Fair
The Indiana State Fair is the state’s largest multi-day event celebrating Hoosiers’ spirit and agricultural heritage. These 17 days celebrate Indiana agriculture and promote it to hundreds of thousands of people across Indiana, and beyond. Nationally recognized for offering great entertainment, showcasing youth, interactive agriculture education programs, premier facilities and a variety of unique, fun foods, the Indiana State Fair has been an annual attraction for generations of Hoosiers since 1852. The 2019 Indiana State Fair will be held August 2-18. To pay tribute to the heroism of everyday Hoosiers, this year’s Indiana State Fair theme is HEROES IN THE HEARTLAND presented by Indiana Donor Network. Throughout the 17-day event, the Indiana State Fair will salute Hoosier farmers, first responders, educators, members of the Armed Forces, and many others who keep us safe and make us proud. Additionally, each day during the fair, Marvel Character and DC Comics Superheroes will be highlighted. For more information, visit www.indianastatefair.com.