Saturday afternoon at approximately 12:40, fire units were called to 441 W Elm St for a reported trailer home fire. First arriving units were met with smoke coming from the windows of the residence and reports that all occupants had exited the structure. Initial attack crew quickly got water on the fire in the living room of the residence while search crews performed a primary search of the residence. With the fire extinguished, crews continued search and overhaul of the residence. There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters during the fire.
An origin and cause investigation was completed and the origin was determined to be near a trashcan in the living room of the residence. The cause of the fire was determined to be discarded cigarettes in the living room trashcan. Estimated damages to the residence over $10,000.
Please follow and like us: