Boone REMC’s Operation Round Up board of trustees recently awarded the following grants:
· Advance Food Distribution received $2,000 to help stock food pantry shelves.
· The Boone County 4-H Fair was awarded $4,200 to purchase outdoor speakers as part of an audio system overhaul at the fairgrounds.
· Love Inc. of Boone County received a grant for $3,077 for electrical work and the installation of carpeting in a new homeless
shelter area being constructed in the existing warehouse.
· Mama’s Cupboard was awarded $6,300 to assist with building masonry repairs.
· Girl Scout Troop 2059 received $280 to assist with an exterior beautification project at the Caring Center.
Operation Round Up is a voluntary program for which Boone REMC members allow their electric bills to be rounded up to the next whole dollar. Those extra cents are put into an independent, 501(c)3 trust and disbursed through a grant process. An independent board of trustees reviews the grant requests.
Since Operation Round Up’s inception locally in 2006, nearly $930,000 has been donated in grants to support community projects.
More information on Operation Round Up, including an online application, can be found at www.bremc.com/operation-round-up-grants. The next deadline to apply for funding is May 15.